I provide a free [original] source files on this site, so I think It’s important for you to know exactly what you can do with those files.
PM Design source files and freebie downloads are original works, and therefore subject to copyright. What does this mean? They are copyrighted by me with Some Rights Reserved for my protection provided by Creative Commons License, however, there are certain things you can do with them. Here’s what you can and can’t do:
First and foremost you need to understand one thing: Just because it’s free, doesn’t mean it’s copyright free. Every file (and every file contained within those files) I create/give away is copyrighted by me. I own the rights to all of my artwork. Get permission from me if you are unsure about anything. Getting permission is the right thing to do and it will save you a lot of trouble rather than getting caught selling my work.
Freebies submited by others are licensed under the authors licence.
1. You may NOT Redistribute PM Design Original Source files from your own site. Specifically, you can not download PM Design original designs, upload them to your own server, and redistribute as your own download, in whole or in part. In order to share PM Design resources, you must link to the PM Design page where the source file is located.
2. You may NOT adapt PM Design’s free source files in order to charge money for them.
3. You may NOT take any PM Design file (including zip files) and claim it as your own.
4. You may NOT take any PM Design file and sell it on a stock photography/vector resource site.
5. You may NOT ever copy and paste one of my entire articles and tutorials on your own site. You may only feature an excerpt on your site and link to mine for the original story. Copying articles and tutorials in full (even if you link back) is still copyright infringement. Excerpts only please.
By using my files, content, or both you agree to these terms and conditions which are subject to change without notice. Violating these terms and conditions could and will result in punishment to the maximum extent under law.
Use PM Design files in posters, website designs, cd covers, postcards, annuals, flyers, business cards, branding, . . . DESIGN.
Use PM Design buttons as a part of a UI for a software you are developing (inlcuding commercial use).
Use PM Design files as a learning experience to grow and create your own excellent designs.
Take a screenshot or grab an image from one of my posts and link to the post if you want to allow your visitors access to PM Design Files. (hotlinking won’t work, trust me)